‘Aray crash out of Camanachd Cup

Want to read more?

We value our content and our journalists, so to get full access to all your local news updated 7-days-a-week – PLUS an e-edition of the Argyllshire Advertiser – subscribe today for as little as 56 pence per week.

Already a subscriber?
Subscribe Now

Camanachd Cup
Inveraray 0 Oban Camanachd 5
2017 finalists Oban Camanachd have reached the Camanachd Cup semi-final with a 5-0 win over Inveraray at The Winterton.

With just two minutes played, Malcolm Clark opened up the scoring with his low drive finding its way past ‘Aray keeper Scott MacLachlan.
Lorne Dickie effort from distance on 15 minutes and Willie Neilson’s strike on 35 minutes made the score 3-0 at the interval.

Oban Camanachd were still a threat after the break and when they broke forward on the hour mark, Matt Rippon finished to add a fourth goal and with 20 minutes to go, Willie Neilson got his second with what was his side’s fifth and final goal of the day.

Inveraray are out of all cup competitions and attention will now turn to the National Division.

Bullough Cup
Lochside Rovers 0 Inveraray 1
The Inveraray seconds were surprise 1-0 winners against Lochside Rovers in their Bullough Cup semi-final at Ganavan.

The Inveraray seconds top South Division 2 but Lochside Rovers, well-positioned in second place in South Division 1.
Neil Campbell scored the only goal of the game after 31 minutes.

The royal burgh team now await either Kyles Athletic or Strachur in the 2017 Bullough Cup Final on Saturday August 5.

South Division 1
Kilmory 3 Taynuilt 1
Having played just four league matches before this tie, Kilmory were happy to pick up the three points as they ran out 3-1 winners against a determined Taynuilt side.

This was a hard fought win for the home side and they took the lead through Hal Jones after five minutes, giving them an early boost.

Taynuilt’s David Campbell levelled after 20 minutes but the sides remained on level terms for just four minutes before Hal Jones got his second to put Kilmory back in front. Jones pounced on a loose ball outside the D and rasped a shot into the top left corner of the net.

A Craig Houston goal, however, on 77 minutes sealed the win as Kilmory held off Taynuilt pressure for the remained of the match. The win moves them off the bottom of the table at Glenorchy’s expense and Kilmory can look forward to next week’s home fixture against Ballachulish.